Environmental Writing for US Army Corps of Engineers
This workshop is designed to help US Army Corps of Engineer personnel comply with the CEQ and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers regulations for documenting the NEPA planning process. It describes the legal requirements, suggestions for simplifying the tasks required to fulfill those requirements, and worksheets and checklists to aid you in preparing the actual documents.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Manage the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process so that the spirit and the letter of the act are fulfilled legally and efficiently
- Implement the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) regulations and agency regulations
- Oversee contractors who conduct environmental analyses and/or write Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
- Review the following documents for compliance with NEPA, CEQ regulations, and the agency implementing procedures:
- Records Of Decision (RODs)
- Findings Of No Significant Impact (FONSIs)
Part 1: includes the actual language from NEPA and the implementing regulations of CEQ and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, along with some concepts that will help you understand how the courts interpret these laws and regulations.
Part 2: includes tips and tools to help the Interdisciplinary Team streamline the preparation of NEPA documents that meet the requirements of both the CEQ regulations and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers regulations.
Part 3: includes a section-by-section workbook that tracks CEQ's recommended format for NEPA documents and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' requirements. By following the steps in this workbook, an Interdisciplinary Team can easily prepare an EA or EIS that meets all the legal criteria for conciseness, completeness, and scientific integrity.
For or more information,call (888)270-2157 or fax us at (888)270-2158
Participants for this training generally include resource specialists, team leaders, decisionmakers, and other professionals who must understand the NEPA process to fully execute their responsibilities.
This 2- or 3-day workshop consists of a carefully designed combination of the following:
- 35% Lecture
- 65% Discussion and exercises
Participants receive the following:
- Comprehensive Workshop Manual
- Workshop Resources workbook