Team Development and Group Facilitation
The Shipley Group provides services that support teams and agencies who conduct environmental analyses in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act and related Federal and State environmental statutes.
The additional services include.
Organizational and Team Consultation. Consulting on team and organizational management effectiveness and how to gain greater efficiency in the environmental work being done.
Team Coaching. Train and coach team behaviors and individual behaviors that interfere with the cohesion and operation of teams. Administer individual and team assessment instruments and provide periodic coaching of teams for greater productivity.
Meeting Facilitation. Facilitate teams and groups as an independent neutral facilitator that enables efficient management of group meetings, consultations, and public forums.
Executive Coaching. Assess leadership and management styles of executives and coaching executives to take advantage of their skills and overcome shortcoming.
Mediation and Conflict Management. Provide neutral facilitation of difficult negotiations and mediation on environmental issues as well as organizational and individual conflict situations.
To implement these services a number of tools and assessment instruments are used. An overview of these instruments and assessments follow.
Individual Personality Assessments – Assesses the individual’s strengths and weaknesses when engaged with others in team work and how best each personality type can contribute to the team.
- Four-Lenses (color system of four temperaments)
- MBTI (personality types – 16 types)
- Step II MBTI (16 types with 5 sub-factors to each)
- Emotional Intelligence and 360-EQ (for more advanced individual assessment)
- Pearman Personality Integrator
Individual Management and Leadership Styles—Assesses an individual’s preferred leadership style and weaknesses that need to be managed to be a more effective leader.
- Interpret MBTI on leadership style (requires MBTI assessment)
- Conflict style
- Supervision style
- Leadership indicators (ABLE and LEAD)
- Empathy Profile
- Stress management
- Pearman Leadership Indicator
Team functioning and development—Assess the way in which teams are currently functioning and evaluates corrective measures to make the team more effective and efficient.
- Team Role indicator (MTR-I), disruptive behavior and its management
- Stage of team development (TEAM)
- Firo B (conflicts with control, inclusion and openness – used for advanced team development)
- Team Work Questionnaire (most applicable for reassessment over time)
- Team effectiveness
- Team Performance
- Confrontational Behaviors (only done for advanced teams)
- Team norms and operating norms
- Team visioning and goal setting
- Strategic planning – work planning
Communication—Assesses the communication style of team members and prescribes corrective measures to overcome communication problems within teams.
- Communication wheel
- Listening techniques
- Communication tools (oral, written, body language)
Problem Solving—Investigates the way in which a team approaches problem solving and evaluates way to improve the quality and effectiveness of decision making processes used by teams.
- Basic templates and approaches
- Creative problem solving
- Assessing individual approaches to problem solving
- Adjusting to and implementing change
Facilitation and Meeting Management—Explores ways to make meeting more productive and efficient.
- How to manage meetings
- Manage disruptive behavior
- How to facilitate small and large groups