Advanced Environmental Cross-Cutter
Participants in this advanced course will learn how to best integrate requirements of key environmental statutes into the NEPA analysis in order to increase efficiencies and reduce analysis costs. The course will address the NEPA process, including selected regulatory and statutory requirements. The workshop will address compliance requirements of several selected major environmental cross-cutters, including § 404 of the Clean Water Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, § 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, Endangered Species Act and Coastal Zone Management Act, as well as Environmental Justice and other Executive Orders.
After completing this workshop participants will be able to:
- Manage the resources of their respective agency
- Understand the pertinent laws, and associated executive orders and regulationsSpecific statutes to be addressed include the following:Content
- Section 404, Clean Water Act
- Marine Mammal Protection Act
- Clean Air Act
- Section 106, National Historic Preservation Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Coastal Zone Management Act
- Other laws, regulations, and executive orders as determined by student interest
The basic format of the interactive workshop includes the following components:
- Understand the primary environmental laws, regulations, Executive Orders and etc.
- Learn where to find and how to use the proper tools and resources associated with the laws and regulations.
- Use examples and/or case studies to apply and practice principles learned.
For or more information, call (888)270-2157 or fax us at (888)270-2158
Participants for this training generally include resource specialists, team leaders, decision makers, and other agency professionals who must understand the NEPA process to fully execute their responsibilities.
Advanced Environmental Cross-Cutter is an interactive workshop designed to build practical skills. For optimal learning, class size is limited to 15 to 25 participants.
This 2-day workshop consists of a carefully designed combination of the following:
Participants receive a comprehensive workshop manual designed to support the instruction and to serve as an ongoing reference.